Oxford® Long Seat Sling
The Long Seat Sling is designed for amputees but is also suitable for other patients who have to remain in the sling for an extended period, such as for bed making or bathing. It is suitable for the lifting amputees, but patients must be individually assessed for suitability by a qualified person.
Available in 2 material types: Polyester and Net (for wet environments), with or without commode aperture.
Available in 3 sizes: Small, Medium & Large
Coloured binding provides clear recognised size information
Oxford Sling Features
- Coloured loop straps that provide adjustment and the correct angle positioning for the spreader bar system
- Clear labels provide all the information required together with a line drawing showing how our slings fit
- Leg support widths offer optimal support, while not cutting into the knee or groin area, and modesty loops stop the patients legs from splaying while transferring
- Centreline markers aid the carer in the correct positioning of the sling, especially when inserting the sling before an off the bed or floor transfer
- The angles of the straps are carefully calculated to ensure the correct posture and comfort of the patient
- Oxford`s standard range of slings are made from polyester making them durable yet comfortable
- Net slings are ideal in wet environments, providing rapid draining and drying
- Handles on the sides of Oxford slings are optimised to ensure correct handling
- Padding provides additional comfort and support to delicate areas and our webbing straps have covered ends to protect patient`s skin
- The grey colour of our standard polyester slings means contamination is easy to spot but the polyester fabric isn’t prone to staining, and is easily laundered